Also Available On
In Episode 183 of the Profit First Podcast, Dorie Clark joins us to talk about her new book, Entrepreneurial You. In her book, Dorie writes about becoming more effective leaders. To become more effective leaders, we need to embrace the best of the entrepreneurial ethos, including:
– A willingness to talk about, and learn from failure.
– A commitment to testing and iterating your products/services – rather than making a big bet and just praying it works.
– The importance of creating multiple revenue streams, to reduce risk and increase overall ‘career security.’
– Challenging key assumptions about your industry that hold others back.
– Using creative means to rapidly garner ‘social proof’ and credibility.
Dorie Clark is an adjunct professor at Duke Universitys Fuqua School of Business and the author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine, one of the Top 10 Business Books of the Year by Forbes, and was a Washington Post bestseller. A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, the New York Times described her as an expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.
She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, TIME, and Entrepreneur. Recognized as a branding expert by the Associated Press, Inc., and Fortune, Clark is a marketing strategy consultant and speaker for clients including Google, Microsoft, Yale University, Fidelity, the U.S. State Department, and the World Bank. She is also the producer of a Grammy winning jazz album.
Nextiva – VOIP phone providers for small businesses.
TSheets – The #1 customer rated time tracking solution!
Fundbox – the simplest and fastest way to fix your cash flow by advancing payments for your outstanding invoices.